The past few days, I’ve been feeling a bit down. So my typical coping mechanism for dealing with hard stuff is to get lost in a good distraction; whether that be a good book, movie, or more likely, one of my many lists.
At my core, I’m a dreamer. The place I’m naturally lacking in is the action component. But I guess that’s one of the reasons I created this blog. So I could be held accountable for pursuing my dreams. They’re not just mine; they’re all of ours. If I don’t pursue them, I won’t only be letting myself down, I’ll be letting all of you down too. And that’s not something I’m interested in doing anytime soon.
*Spoiler alert, I eventually decided to be an adult and write down a list of what was actually bothering me, and speak about it with someone who I knew cared, and could help me work through each thing. But before I did that, I wrote out a list of dreams I’d like to accomplish in my lifetime: a bucket list of sorts. None of these are musts, and if I never did any of these things, I’d probably die a happy soul, as long as I had my essentials intact (a post for another time).
With all that being said, I present to you my VERY abridged list of dreams (the original has over 200 items on it) [insert sarcastically shocked expression here]:
- Visit outer space (if you know me well, you probably know about my random obsession with black holes, and pretty much everything that is space)
- Wear a flower crown and a white flowy dress, and go frolicking in the fields
- Grow a garden (vege, herb, flower; any and all of the above)
- Visit Hawaii (I‘ve heard it’s like a different world)
- Learn Spanish
- Ride a motorcycle with a black leather jacket and a black matte helmet
- Go ziplining through a rainforest
- See the Aurora Borealis with my very own eyes
- Learn to ride a horse and gallop through a gorgeous clearing of nature with the wind in my hair.
- Have an outrageously fancy 100th birthday celebration with all my living family and friends (and be super healthy in all areas as well!)
Maybe I’ll do a part 2 one day (since there’s obviously quite a bit more where that came from). And if I’m really lucky, I’ll be able to do posts crossing off the items on my bucket list. That sounds pretty awesome, not gonna lie.
Here’s to wishing that all your dreams come true. Love you guys.